Imagine you spent a lot of time and hard work shooting a wedding video, but you come back only to find that half the shots are shaky. As a wedding videographer, you will need to find all possible ways to stabilise your shots. The following are some ways to do this.
Benro Aluminium Monopod Kit
A monopod is a great way to lend some stability to your videos. It is literally a single stick, so it is portable and not at all heavy to carry. This makes it a better option than a tripod if you are already carrying a lot of equipment and do not want to add to the weight. It only needs to be attached to your camera and takes care of a lot of other things, like pan lock, tilt, drag adjustment, etc. The Benro Aluminium Monopod Kit has all of these features and more.
The following are some of the enduring features the monopod has to offer:
- The monopod has an S2 head, that has an independent pan lock, allowing you to pan steadily without needing to lift and turn the whole monopod.
- There is also a 3-leg locking base with a ball joint that lends incredible stability.
- Among other features are a tilt lock, foam hand grip and a built-in bubble level.
- The monopod, made with aluminium, is built to last.
- The carrying case is included with the monopod.
The product is available on Amazon.co.uk for £118.81.
Vanguard Portable Camera Tripod
If you want to fix your camera to a single spot, a tripod is your best bet. If you have two cameras, you can attach one to a monopod and carry it around. The other, you can fix to a tripod for stability. You can have this camera on a wide angle lens and shoot some fixed angles. Ideally, this camera can be placed at the back where you have a clear, undisturbed view of the ceremony.
The Vanguard camera tripod has some great things to offer in this regard:
- The tripod has a hexagonal multi-angle column in the centre, which pans from 0° to 180° and rotates 360°. This lets you place your camera anywhere in the room.
- The aluminium legs are four-sectioned at 26mm and have three leg angles (25°, 50° and 80°) that are easy to set.
- There are rubber/retractable spiked feet, as well as a retractable hook where you can hang any additional weight.
- There is a smooth, SBH-100 ball head with two QS-39 quick release plates.
- The tripod weighs 2.5 kgs and has a vertical load capacity of 7 kgs (and 5 kgs horizontal).
- The tripod legs fold to 62.5 cms and extend to 162.5 cms.
- It also comes along with a free carry bag.
The product is available for £179.99 on Amazon.co.uk.
The Glidecam HD
A glidecam is a handheld stabilizer that allows you to move around with your camera, get all kinds of dynamic shots around the room (including reactions of the bride and groom, of the guests, the decorations, etc.) all while ensuring your images are blur-free!
As a premium wedding cinematographer in London, this is deffinately something you’ll want to consider using in your aresnal of tools.
We’ve listed below some of the most imporant features of the Glidecam HD that you’ll want to know about:
- The Glidecam HD series is lightweight so you can move around with your camera without feeling tired.
- There are different options available in the series — Glidecam HD-1000, HD-2000 and HD-4000.
- The Glidecam HD-4000, available on Amazon, handles cameras in the range of 4-10 pounds.
The product is available on Amazon.co.uk for £552.82.
Rhino Camera Slider
If you are tired of panning on a monopod or a tripod and want to try some more exciting shots, a slider could be a great way to get some interesting shots, while also maintaining stability. You can get close up shots of intimate things, like the couple exchanging rings, the bride adjusting her veil, the flower arrangement, etc. A slider will provide you with great flexibility as well as stability.
The Rhino series of sliders is one you could try. Here are the features the product has to offer:
- It provides you with 3-feet of sliding distance so you can get a range of stunning shots.
- The Rhino bundle also comes with a motorized slider system to give you several sophisticated options for shots — you can attempt looping shots, time lapses and responsive real-time slides.
The product is available on Amazon.co.uk for £1,436.29.
Peak Design Camera Strap
This is the most basic but one of the most important and underrated ways to stabilize your shots. Your camera strap has a lot to offer but often, even professional camera persons neglect to make the best use of it. If you have forgotten other stabilizing gear or are on a budget and cannot afford to buy stabilizing products, hold the camera out so that the strap is fully extended. Once the strap is taut, the tension will prevent your hand from shaking too much. Peak Design has a lot to offer in its range of products. A camera strap is one of them. Here are some of the enduring features the product has to offer:
- The camera straps are extremely light, easy to attach and can fit snugly in your pocket.
- The hardware is all aluminium and anodized.
- It has a low-profile, dual aluminium/Hypalon system for quick adjustment.
- There is also a low-profile anchor mount so you can adjust your strap configuration.
The product is available on Amazon.co.uk for £34.00.
Weddings can be a hectic event to cover. There is a lot of chaos and confusion at the venue and there is a good chance you may get pushed around by an enthusiastic guest, therefore shaking your frame. These tools for stabilizing your wedding videos can be extremely useful, even at a beginner’s level. These are all different in terms of characteristics, ease of use and price. But they all serve the same purpose. So make an informed choice and never record a shaky video again!